Custom Search

Fruit Trees - How To Save Your Fruit Tree Blossoms From A Spring Freeze By Steve Boulden

In most parts of the country is still dead of Winter. However, in some places, like here in the Desert Southwest, the warming weather starts to play tricks on Spring budding trees and plants. They think it is time to wake up, when in fact it is not very secure.

In my garden, I have an old peach tree, which produces the most wonderful almost softball size peaches. And until a few years ago, I rarely have the opportunity to see one that is beyond the stage of flowering.

As sure as the first warm days that the old tree root on a screen full of pink, so it would certainly put a spring freeze order.

But then one day a few Springs back ..... I had a great idea.

It's a little late, but still quite lucky that I chose the first warm days of spring to take place and the lights of Christmas. Because as I held the lamps in my hands and looked along the beautiful tree pink only come in his glory, a light bulb lit in my head.

Hmmm ....., what am I thinking? I am sure they are and who does the work.

Since then I have been able to get most of my flowers, to the point of fighting birds and June bugs. However, the battle of the birds and bugs of June will be another full article.

While I am more comfortable to grow more fruit trees now, I think this method still works for me because I only have a few trees. I'm not sure how practical, profitable, or that it would be easy for the chain through lamps more than a few Christmas trees.

If you ever use this method, use the old type of bulbs and not the little flashing lights. Put off more heat. Also, if you live in an area where the climate is harsher than here in the desert, may be useful to place a plastic sheet or tarp in the trees, in addition to the lights.

Although there are other ways to protect trees and plants from freezing, just thought I share this bit of wisdom garden with you.

Written by Steve Boulden. Steve is the creator of The Landscape Design Site which offers gardening advice, tips, plans and ideas and to make their own housing. For more information on gardening and landscape design, visit their website at http://www.the-landscape-design-site.com

No response to “Fruit Trees - How To Save Your Fruit Tree Blossoms From A Spring Freeze By Steve Boulden”

Post a Comment